Developer, Accessibility Advocate, Speaker
Technology Evangelist, Weight Watchers
New York, New York, USA -- September 2017 - October 2018
- Designed and ran all-staff events such as internal hackathons, weekly tech talks, and department-wide off-sites for 160+ employees
- Interviewed 60+ employees in New York and San Francisco to create plans to improve satisfaction and working conditions for the CTO
- Researched companies to emulate for their technology department practices and policies and created suggestions for improvements
- Created volunteer opportunities with local non-profits for employees, such as FIRST NYC robotics competitions
Associate Full-Stack Engineer, PBS
Arlington, Virginia, USA -- July 2015 - September 2017
- Worked closely with Design and Product on new apps and features
- Created a modular CSS library to be used across projects
- Assisted in the coding and maintenance of PBS.org, a Django and React project, researching and creating features such as tooltips, modals, and accessible SVGs
- Led development on several internal projects, owning all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Performed accessibility audits for all sites under the PBS umbrella, advising and assisting with the remediation
Lead, Women Who Code
New York, NY, USA -- November 2017 - October 2018
- Planned, organized, assisted with, and ran events, including Portfolio Reviews and Git Workshops.
- Encouraged women and non-binary people in their pursuit of tech careers.
Git Instructor, FIRST NYC
NYC -- June 2018
- Created and gave two hour git course for non-programmers.
Reviewer, OSCON 2018
Remote -- January - February 2018
- Reviewed OSCON tutorial, talk, etc. proposals to assist in the process of choosing the upcoming speaker line-up.
Technology and Mentorship Lead, Women Who Code
Washington, DC, USA -- July 2015 - September 2017
- Plan, organize, and run events, talks, and panels about accessibility, bootcamps, introductions to new languages, etc.
- Network with other technologists to bring greater awareness to women/non-binary issues in tech
- Mentor women and NBs, particularly in regards to transitioning into development
Web Development Immersive
General Assembly DC, 2015
MA, International Peace and Conflict Resolution
American University, 2011
BA, International Relations, minor Writing
Rollins College, 2009