Developer, Accessibility Advocate, Speaker
Technology Evangelist, Weight Watchers
New York, New York, USA -- September 2017 - Present
- Developing a culture of trust and a sense of community through regular activities such as workshops, tech talks, and social events.
- Organized and MC'd first all-Technology off-site summit of 160+ people
- Planned and ran Technology and Product 3-day Hackathon with 11 teams, judged by CEO, CTO, and others
- Encouraging greater commitment to diversity and inclusion through internal events and external partnerships with Codeland, NYC First, and others.
- Creating relationships with local meetups and other tech events to host and sponsor events.
- Assisting with college recruitment through the planning, organizing, and running of events at local campuses and in office.
- Designing and ordering swag, including stickers and t-shirts, to be used for recruitment.
Associate Full-Stack Engineer, PBS
Arlington, Virginia, USA -- July 2015 - September 2017
- Created new React and Django components for internal admins
- Coordinated with product managers and UI/UX designers to plan and implement new products and features
- Performed accessibility audits on internal and external products and create tickets for fixes.
Lead, Women Who Code
New York, NY, USA -- November 2017 - Present
- Plan, organize, assist with, and run events, including Portfolio Reviews and Git Workshops.
- Encourage women and non-binary people in their pursuit of tech careers.
Git Instructor, FIRST NYC
NYC -- June 2018
- Created and gave two hour git course for non-programmers.
Reviewer, OSCON 2018
Remote -- January - February 2018
- Reviewed OSCON tutorial, talk, etc. proposals to assist in the process of choosing the upcoming speaker line-up.
Technology and Mentorship Lead, Women Who Code
Washington, DC, USA -- July 2015 - September 2017
- Plan, organize, and run events, talks, and panels about accessibility, bootcamps, introductions to new languages, etc.
- Network with other technologists to bring greater awareness to women/non-binary issues in tech
- Mentor women and NBs, particularly in regards to transitioning into development
Web Development Immersive
General Assembly DC, 2015
MA, International Peace and Conflict Resolution
American University, 2011
BA, International Relations, minor Writing
Rollins College, 2009